Don’t miss WSPRA’s 2014 Spring Workshop:
Purposeful Community Engagement: Strategies for Effectively Involving Your Stakeholders
- Friday, May 9 from 8:30am – 3:00pm
- Radisson Paper Valley Hotel & Conference Center in Appleton, WI (Map)
In a recent statewide survey on communications needs, school districts identified effectively engaging stakeholders as their top communications priority. As a result, the Wisconsin School Public Relations Association (WSPRA) and the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators (WASDA) are collaborating to host this special one-day workshop — open to all — dedicated to the community engagement topics most critical to your school district’s success!
WSPRA is also thrilled to announce that Nora Carr, President of the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA), will serve as our keynote presenter on Friday morning. Nora will focus on “Telling Your Story” and share information on how districts across the nation are winning the battle for public education.
The Spring Workshop is offering a series of hands-on, interactive training sessions, including:
- Learning effective public participation techniques for large and small groups
- Tapping into staff for powerful internal engagement strategies
- Managing the media
- Engaging your community for successful referenda
- Accepting that your district needs a social media presence
- Experiencing an “unConference”!
Who Should Attend
The workshop is designed for anyone who actively engages with the community — district administrators, principals, school communications professionals, support staff, board members — just to name a few!
Join us to learn more about effective strategies and techniques to master this critical skill.
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Register online by Wednesday, April 30.
Cost: (includes registration, continental breakfast, beverages and seated lunch)
- $99 – WSPRA Members
- $139 – NON Members
- District Administrators attending WASDA’s Annual Educational Conference are automatically registered for this WSPRA Spring Workshop! No additional registration fee is required.
Please note if you have special dietary needs or other accommodations on Friday.
WSPRA will refund the registration fee minus $25 handling fee if cancellation is received by the WSPRA office 72 hours (3 days) prior to the program. No refund given if less than 72 hours.
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel – 1-800-967-9033 or 920-733-8000
Please tell the reservations department that you are with the WASDA Annual Educational Conference.
Want to become a sponsor? Click here for more information.