Creative Communication Specialist/Graphic Designer
Racine Unified School District
How to Apply
Join a creative and close-knit team of communicators in telling the stories of our excellent students, staff and schools!
Located in southeastern Wisconsin,Racine Unified School District (RUSD) is the fifth largest school district in the state, serving more than 19,000 students. Offering the Academies of Racine, world-class fine arts, Division I athletics, International Baccalaureate and AP options, and much more, our culturally diverse schools prepare our students to thrive in a global community.
- The Graphic Designer will work with a collaborative team to support the District’s strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Responsible for the design/production of all District print publications including annual report, calendars, brochures, etc.
- Creative design of various District marketing materials including but not limited to web graphics, social media and print ads.
- Work in collaboration with the communication team to support the superintendent, senior leadership team and other departments with all creative projects.
- Think big and collaborate with team members to develop new RUSD marketing and communication strategies
- The designer will stay up to date on software and be able to solve design problems efficiently and creatively.
- Support communication team with planning, coordination and production of District events including Encore! Awards and all-staff kick-off.
- Manage District social media strategy and implementation.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all individuals who inquire about the District through the communication office.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief of Communication & Community Engagement and the Superintendent of Schools.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- Specific training and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office.
- 2-5 years experience in graphic design or related creative field and strong portfolio demonstrating design experience
- Experience in PowerPoint a plus