Thanks to a grant from our partners at Wisconsin Voices, Wisconsin Public Education Network is hiring a full time Digital Organizer to start immediately. The Digital Organizer will work remotely and can reside anywhere in Wisconsin, but must able and willing to attend occasional trainings and events in Milwaukee, Madison and elsewhere.
We are looking for a talented and energized Digital Organizer to join our team and deepen relationships with supporters of strong Wisconsin public schools. The ideal person should have a creative and curious approach to social media, and a background in managing social media accounts with a data driven approach. Candidates should have deep, proven roots in the social media sphere and understand how to disseminate content for maximum impact.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to hdb@WisconsinNetwork.org. Position is available immediately and will close upon finding the successful candidate.
• Identify and implement best practices for digital relationship building across statewide network of public education supporters
• Work with state and national partners on scalable digital impact programs and platform experimentation
• Generate opportunities to identify and engage supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc
• Use social media and texting programs to maximize digital list building
• Deepen supporters’ sense of identity and involvement with our work, including both online and offline engagement
• Understand and apply data analytics to improve the effectiveness of the work
• Develop content for appropriate digital channels and ads
• Develop relationships with activists, digital practitioners and influencers across the state
• Work with local teams to collect engaging content on the ground
• Expand the scope and scale of advanced digital engagement tactics to increase civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and filling out the census
• Must enjoy & be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
• Strong background in social content development and organic dissemination
• Experience working with online advertising: Facebook, Google Adwords, Twitter, DSPs, etc.
• Demonstrated experience managing digital media
• Fluency in social media performance metrics and insights
• Familiarity with web design and content management systems
• Comfort with Google Analytics and Facebook Ads
• Ability to problem-solve and manage workflow both independently and collaboratively
• Superior communication skills and understanding of basic messaging principles
• Passionate and motivated to use social media to drive action and see real results
• Understanding of or background in public education advocacy a plus; commitment to strong public schools a must
• Commitment to understanding race, class, gender, and other equity issues as a core of your work and the impact these have on our collective experience