The Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District is actively seeking a Communications Specialist to develop and implement communication strategies to create positive community relations and inform staff and community members of the district’s initiatives and successes.
[restrict …] Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and updates an annual communications plan.
- Communicates with various stakeholders through various print and social media to promote the work of the district and ensure a positive brand image is represented in all communications.
- Facilitates development and creation of a wide variety of materials (e.g. district publications, newsletters, websites, booklets, staff directory, calendars, brochures, posters, etc.).
- Oversees and maintains the district’s use of social media including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Updates and maintains the district’s crisis communication plan.
- Prepares and distributes news releases, arranges media interviews and conference and responds to media request.
- Maintains the district’s web site.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 5 years’ experience writing and editing printed and/or electronic materials. 3 years’ of public relations or communications work experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to edit written materials with a high degree of accuracy.
- Requires well-developed language and writing skills to prepare professional materials.
- Knowledge of the design, layout and production of written, printed and electronic materials.
- Expert knowledge of key social media platforms such, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
For more information contact:
Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District