Apply online at WECAN — Vacancy ID: 6361
Applications are received online through the WECAN system: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/
Create an applicant account and search for listing 6361 to apply.
*Position will remain open until filled, but applications preferred no later than July 21, 2017*
Provide leadership and direction for all district wide internal and external communications. Develop and implement communications plans that support and align with the district’s strategic plan, enhance the school district’s image, engage the community in the schools and build internal and external support for the school district. Position reports to the Superintendent.
- BA degree in communications or a related field.
- Three or more years experience in public relations and communications marketing. Experience in school, government or non-profit communications preferred.
- Ability to write clear and concise materials for a broad range of audiences.
- Effective planning and organizational skills; able to multi-task and prioritize while completing a range of duties.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in multi-media technologies for communications.
- Demonstrated customer relations skills.
- Independent and self-directed, and able to work collaboratively and under pressure.
- Develop and implement a coordinated plan for school district internal and external communications.
- Facilitate the planning, creating and executing all internal and external communications including website, newsletters (print and electronic), marketing materials, crisis communications, social media, video productions, special events and annual reports.
- Advise and support the superintendent and other administrators, school board members and other staff members on strategic and effective communications and public relations.
- Provide guidance and support to staff, principals, administrators and the superintendent in the development of key communications that promote, highlight and raise awareness about school district and building activities, events and departmental initiatives.
- Monitor overall district communications for quality, consistency of message and effectiveness.
- Serve as primary contact for information about the school district, respond to questions and requests for information and promote the school district to real estate agents, local businesses, prospective and current families, and prospective and current employees.
- Support the development of strong working relationships with district stakeholders such as student and parent groups, chambers of commerce, area cities, civic organizations, and elected officials.
- Manage proactive media relations by establishing positive working relationships with local and regional newspapers, radio, online news and TV stations.
- Determine key messages and strategically distribute information through a range of communication channels targeted to various audiences.
- Promote and support the district’s brand and ensure that communications, both internal and external, align with it.
- Attend school board meetings to understand issues and assist with media coverage of meetings.
- Serve as member of Superintendent’s Executive Team and other designated committees.
- Maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the superintendent or designee.
Thank you for your interest in the Oshkosh Area School District!
Shannon Mraz – Employment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, Oshkosh Area School District. (920) 424-0124; email@example.com