WSPRA 2018 Fall Conference
Call for Presentations
WSPRA is looking for break-out session presenters for our Annual Fall Conference – Creating the Best Possible School Communications for Student Success – November 8-9, 2018 in Madison. Session topics should focus on one of the following areas of interest:
- Crisis Communications – Creating the Best Possible Plan for Your District
- Thrive as a One-Person Communications Department
- Community Engagement – Build the Connections with Students, Staff, Families, and Community
Proposals that are interactive in nature are a priority. Break-out sessions will be 75 minutes in length.
2018 Annual WSPRA Fall Conference Details
When:November 7-9, 2018
Where: Sheraton Madison Hotel
Join us for the 2018 WSPRA Fall Conference! Connect with Wisconsin school communicators from throughout Wisconsin to learn from outstanding experts and practitioners in communication and leadership. It’s all about collaboration and learning – Register Now!
Keynote Speaker: Rick Kauffman, APR
A Leadership Challenge: What Columbine, Sandy Hook & Parkland Tragedies Taught Us
- The threats facing schools today are broader than ever before – from natural disasters to infectious diseases to misguided students and adults who commit random acts of violence. Knowing what to do when faced with a tragic event can be the difference between chaos and calm, or even life and death. This powerful keynote will provide an overview of current best practices to improve school safety and security, elements of a crisis communication plan and how to return to a new “normal” environment.
PLUS! Participate in exclusive pre-conference session with Rick Kauffman: Leading Through Communication in Times of Crisis.
- School safety is a top of mind concern for parents, staff and educational leaders. With few exceptions, our schools and communities are faced with the dilemma of how to protect the integrity of the environment where learning takes place amidst a world of increasing violence. The concerns for school safety are not new. The challenges are real. In this engaging session, participants will explore a range of communication strategies and tools, and apply them to real-life scenarios in table-top group interactions.Participants will: 1) Explore a range of communication strategies and tools; 2) Understand the importance of social media in a crisis and how to manage a social media crisis with the right preparation and strategy; and 3) Learn why communication is the foundation of any crisis planning, implementation, management and recovery effort.
Hotel Reservation Information:
Overnight rate: $119 single/$119 double
Call: 1-800-325-3535 by 10/06/18 to reserve your room today!
Note the cancellation policy with the hotel when calling!